Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: What is wrong with schools these days?

From: "CrYpTiC MauleR" <crypticmauler () linuxmail org>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 17:24:06 -0500

Personally I would use a Linux box because if a hole is found you can bet its fixed soon and at least have option of
using latest nightly etc to update to and fix the hole. I can't say the same for Microfsoft's 1 month patch cycle which
keeps me open to hole or forces me to disable a service or feature just to be conforted a little until they get around
to it. Yes I agree no OS is safe, depends on the user and how much effort they put into configuring it and patching it
on time. All OSs in general can be considered unsafe unless they are properly setup. Yes some are more safe out of the
box, but most have uneeded services as you said that can be the different of being safe and being owned.