Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Who Do I Contact?

From: Michael Holstein <michael.holstein () csuohio edu>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 09:19:24 -0400

I am sorry I am not going to say who the school is.

Have you tried posting to EDUCAUSE or UNISOG (the second is a security-only group for .edus). A post there (with the same detail-level you already provided, requesting a security contact) -- will probably at least find you someone who knows the right person to call.

You can also email the folks at SANS/ISC (isc.sans.org) and they will help do the legwork. They keep everything confidential.

I assume you've already tried everything you can find in whois, and tried all the generic (security@, abuse@, postmaster@, etc) addresses. Also hit their website and find the phonebook (most all publish this someplace) and try to search by department and find a title that sounds close to what you need.

Most any decent size .edu will all have somebody that can recognize the risk and demand it be taken off-line until fixed. Nobody wants to get embarrased in the news.

Cheers,

Michael Holstein CISSP GCIA
Cleveland State University