Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Who Do I Contact?

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 03:46:26 -0400

On Sun, 23 Apr 2006 02:24:35 CDT, CrYpTiC MauleR said:
How many times do I have to tell everyone I am NOT in the same state as the school

Might want to re-read what I said.  I said that your estimate of the inbound
student count tells us *more* than the traceroute (in other words, I'm agreeing
that the traceroute is basically a red herring...)

And even if the inbound count is 4K rather than 7K - that still points at
15K+ undergrads.  That trims out a *lot* of small community colleges and
liberal arts colleges and a lot of other places.

http://collegeapps.about.com/od/rankings/a/u_size.htm shows about 120
schools over 8K undergrads - which is only 2K incoming rather than 7K.
Only about 30 are over 20K undergrads.

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0908742.html says there are 4,168 colleges
and universities in the US.

So that gives us well over 4,000 schools to *not* bother checking.. ;)