Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Who Do I Contact?

From: "CrYpTiC MauleR" <crypticmauler () linuxmail org>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 16:58:29 -0500

I can not stress the fact I will not be going public with it since it risks MY information and MY PARENTS' information.
Reason I have not given details of the hole other than its implications and will not post the school's name or even
state which it resides in until this is fixed and the site has at least been audited. I am a supporter of full
disclosure, but when I see in this situation the pros and cons of going FD the cons heavily outweigh any benefit. Yes
the school may move faster, or they wont but in the process it would put thousands of student records at risk to misuse
and id theft. ID theft is the worst case scenario since without a good credit, etc your life in the modern world is
pretty crappy financially. I do not want to put anyone in danger of having their lives ruined by going FD. I just want
one thing and that is for this to be fixed so I can rest assured that I do not have to worry that my info could be
stolen by someone as they please. I am in the process of contacting people and will also be contacting the Attorney
General of the state the school is in. Unfortunately that can only be done on Monday, so school has extra 24 hours to
fix hole or I will bring media attention to them to get it done. I don't care for publicity, fame, etc I just don't
want my damn information vulnerable period! If I had the choice I would leave the school right now but that would hurt
me financially and academically. Thank you so far everyone for the input and helpful suggestions and information on how
to deal with this matter. Very much appreciated.

Regards,
CM