Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: [HV-PAPER] Anti-Phishing Tips You Should Not Follow

From: Nick FitzGerald <nick () virus-l demon co uk>
Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2006 11:15:18 +1200

Marcos Agüero to Michal Zalewski:

Note to self: design my next phishing website to always display "logon
failed".

8-)

The phishmongers are well ahead of you there...

Just as most of the phishing sites already do.

Really?

"Most"?

Still?

Admittedly I don't poke bogus credentials into every phishing site I
see, but I do prod a lot of them and of late the only thing I've seen
"fail" is a few sites doing Luhn checks on supplied CC #s and asking
you to more carefully re-enter the number.

The "iniitial fail" tactic was quite a popular a while back, but I
don't recall having seen it at all lately...

Regards,

Nick FitzGerald