Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Re: Automated mass abuse of form mailers

From: "Dave Korn" <davek_throwaway () hotmail com>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 19:19:20 +0100

----Original Message----
From: Aditya Deshmukh
AAAObbFSKrQek2M9ZEfGt0ItwEAAAAA () online gateway strangled net

Another address they use is bergkoch8 () aol com
(noticed aol abuse about this, but I guess that's /dev/null)

  I'm going to start putting both those addresses into all
the unsubscribe
links I get in all my spam... >:->

This might be someones' 0wned email address.

  It _might_ be, but it's far more likely that they're using it as a dropbox
to test whether their spam is getting through and which scripts are
vulnerable, given the pattern of usage described by the OP.

    cheers,
      DaveK