Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Automated mass abuse of form mailers

From: Ron DuFresne <dufresne () winternet com>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 13:31:25 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 12 Sep 2005, Michael Holzt wrote:

Automated mass abuse of form mailers

        [smip]

Nothing new really, this has been an issue for many years now.  And often
the result of folks still using matt's cgi scripts <even our web masters
were as recent;ly as a year ago pointing our clients towards matt's
outdated and insecure versions>, despite his referecnes and links to the
moere secured version of his and other web based scripts that can be
gotten from:

http://nms-cgi.sourceforge.net/scripts.shtml

Unless one is carefull they often get what they paid for....

Thanks,

Ron DuFresne
--
"Sometimes you get the blues because your baby leaves you. Sometimes you get'em
'cause she comes back." --B.B. King

OK, so you're a Ph.D.  Just don't touch anything.