Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Mozilla Firefox "Host:" Buffer Overflow Exploit

From: Daniel Veditz <dveditz () cruzio com>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 00:29:13 -0700

Aviv Raff wrote:
 > my mozilla bugs are wide open in bugzilla.
 > afaik her m4j3sty mitchell's bounties does not require silence.
I guess you need to read the bug-bounty guidelines again:
http://www.mozilla.org/security/bug-bounty.html
"...be sure to check the box near the bottom of the entry form that marks this bug report as confidential..."

That's our preferred process, but the quote above is not from the section containing the bounty criteria. See also
http://www.mozilla.org/security/bug-bounty-faq.html#nondisclosure

In addition to hiding the bug, checking the confidential flag causes mail to be sent and the bug to show up in certain queries to help keep security issues from getting lost in the deluge of incoming bug reports.

-Dan Veditz