Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Forensic help?

From: "KF (lists)" <kf_lists () digitalmunition com>
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 22:01:29 -0400

http://www.sleuthkit.org/

I am not sure how courtroom safe it is. I have had someone suggest to me that choosing sleuthkit was not sanctioned by the xyz blah blah court of bleh (suggesting to use encase instead).

As a private individual obviously encase is most likely not an option.
-KF

Red Leg wrote:

Hi all.

I was wondering if anyone knows of a program/system that I can purchase, as
a private individual, that will allow me to

1) mirror a hard drive on location and

2) take that mirror and restore it to another drive. And

3) Find any CONVENTIONALLY erased files?

-- This would be either a Windows NTFS or FAT32 drive.

Anyone have first hand experience? Please let me know, if you do. In ANY
case, please suggest whatever you might have learned even without first hand
experience.

Thanks!

Redleg18