Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Bigger burger roll needed

From: Steve Friedl <steve () unixwiz net>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 11:52:14 -0700

On Mon, Oct 03, 2005 at 10:37:05AM -0600, Bruce Ediger wrote:
Does any kind of evidence (apart from PR-flack-based spin) exist
for this conclusion?

This is what Microsoft tells me what they gather from the online error
reporting and crash analysis, and it comports with my experience as
well. I know I've caused my own share when I was writing print drivers:
no way those were Microsoft's fault.

I suppose that even if this data is as claimed, it could be skewed by
those who primarily see MS-caused faults choosing not to submit these
reports. I very much doubt the details are public, so one is probably
left to the mercy of whether you believe Microsoft or not.

Steve

--
Stephen J Friedl | Security Consultant |  UNIX Wizard  |   +1 714 544-6561
www.unixwiz.net  | Tustin, Calif. USA  | Microsoft MVP | steve () unixwiz net