Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Re: Hacking Boot camps!: certifications

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 00:22:40 -0500

On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 09:52:13 +0530, R S said:

Hint: Compare how much of technical advancement has happened in the
security field because of published GIAC papers compared to real
technical papers coming out of academia.

On the other hand, most companies are hiring people who understand how to
use *current* knowledge to secure things and help the bottom line, not do
research.

When I take my car in to be serviced, the fact the mechanic has his sheet on
the wall saying he's completed the vendor training on the engine, exhaust,
air conditioning, and brakes for my make of car tells me something.  I don't
need Enzo Ferrari fixing my fuel injection.