Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: the "Sony/BMG" virus

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 12:40:39 -0500

On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 11:13:06 CST, Todd Towles said:

Would Sony just throw the software on millions of CD and ship them out
without looking over the software first? I believe they WOULD HAVE to
look over the software...as a step to protect their company from danger.

*WHAT* danger?  I mean, there's that button they clicked, the one that said 'I
accept, even though there's no hint that this includes a colon cleansing with a
scrub brush made from a week-old roadkill porcupine'.

Look around - there's no danger that a large corporation will feel any liability
for anything perpetrated by its software.  Only people who have to worry are
places that employ less than 100 people to write malicious software.