Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: [OTAnn] Feedback

From: "Dave Korn" <davek_throwaway () hotmail com>
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 13:48:43 -0000

shenanigans wrote in
news:3093814.621131397871546.JavaMail.tomcat5 () slave1 roomity com
I was interested in getting feedback from current mail group users.

We have mirrored your mail list in a new application that provides a more
aggregated and safe environment which utilizes the power of broadband.

  "Utilizes the power of broadband"?  What a heap of marketing wankspeak!

Roomity.com v 1.5 is a web 2.01 community webapp. Our newest version adds
broadcast video and social networking such as favorite authors and an
html editor.

It?s free to join and any feedback would be appreciated.

S.

http://Full_Disclosure_Security_Discussion_List.roomity.com/ says:
------------------------quote------------------------
 Your Firefox browser may not be set up correctly or it may need the
required plugin. Please click support to configure your browser or find out
what browsers we support and how.Support Page. If support page is not
helpful please contact us
------------------------end quote------------------------

  So I go look at the support page, and it's full of download this, run
that, allow the other to install, open holes in your firewall, all in order
to allow what it persists in describing as "your broadband webapp".  As if
the app is in someway related to the kind of cable that carries the traffic.

  Sorry, no way on earth am I gonna run your wretched java virus/trojan just
in order to get the opportunity to have marketing bullshit rammed down my
throat.  It's utter GARBAGE to claim that installing some completely unknown
java application is somehow a "safe environment" compared to reading plain
text emails.

    cheers,
      DaveK