Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Wi-fi. Approaching customers

From: Ryan Sumida <rsumida () csulb edu>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 09:20:08 -0800

I don't think it is based on MAC.  That would be too easy to spoof.

Ron DuFresne <dufresne () winternet com> wrote on 03/15/2005 05:20:26 PM:

From what little I read on their site, it seems to be a radius auth mech
based upon MAC addresses.

Thanks,

Ron DuFresne

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005, KF (Lists) wrote:

hrmm... is that based on signal strength or something?
-KF

Ryan Sumida wrote:

As a side note..

Newbury Networks has a product called WiFi Watchdog that can
allow/deny
access based on physical location.  As an example, it can be
configured
where anyone outside the building walls can not connect to the
network
but once they move inside the building they are allowed access.
Sounds
like black magic but it works (a rep came down and showed us a demo
yesterday) and can help manage who gets on an open WiFi network like
Matthew's.

Ryan Sumida
Network Services, CSU Long Beach

full-disclosure-bounces () lists grok org uk wrote on 03/15/2005
01:27:43 PM:

 > Matthew Sabin wrote:
 >
 > > My company has made a conscious decision to leave our WiFi open
 > visitors, while our internal machines connect via IPSec on the
open
airwaves.

--
"Sometimes you get the blues because your baby leaves you. Sometimes you
get'em

OK, so you're a Ph.D.  Just don't touch anything.