Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Stealing Free Articles and Auctioning It

From: Wouter Clarie <wclarie () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 23:05:06 +0100

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 01:21:05 +0200, Maxim Vexler <hq4ever () gmail com> wrote:
On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 23:22:03 +0530, Debasis Mohanty
<mail () hackingspirits com> wrote:

Thanks to the person who informed me that one of my article called
"De-Mystifying Google Hacks" is being sold at eBay without my knowledge
while the same article is available on my site and as well as many other
security sites free. Here is the link where that lame has put my article on
auction:

Not to give legitimation to such egoistic repulsive behavior, BUT your
work is released under the GPL/GFDL or a similar "Free Licence", isn't
it ?
In fact I wasn't able to find in the document text under what licence
it's being published, from that one could conclude that it's "Public
Domain" which is even less restrictive then "Free Licence".

If I'm not mistaken, if there is no license to be found, no-one except
the original author has any rights at all. Your logic would be very
strange. It is not because you publish something without mentioning
licensing terms, that the material is in the public domain.