Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Bios programming...

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 01:06:57 -0500

On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 09:46:54 +0530, Aditya Deshmukh said:

tell me how me people are going to use a guest accont on their own computer
and then be able to use the computer normally ?

Actually, if the "regular user" needs more than "guest" privs to do their
*normal* stuff, the system's security model is severely screwed.  In fact,
the *very first* thing that happened when computers got the ability to support
multiple userids was to separate "user" and "sysadmin" - this was already a
well-understood idea when Multics showed up in 1967 or so.  Ever since then,
there's only been one vendor of multi-user operating systems that thought that
running with "more than usual" privs is a sane way to do things.....

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html