Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Considering nSight, any options?

From: Steven Rakick <stevenrakick () yahoo com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 08:42:37 -0700 (PDT)

Jason,
Been running nSight for a little over a year now with data purge after 13 months. We have 3 agents at remote offices
with each inspecting the traffic of around 700-900 hosts. It's been quite helpful. We *had* a ton of P2P traffic in our
networks.

When we started out last year, we tried to host all 3 agents on a low end HP blade (with a laptop hd). After about 2
months it became very slow (mostly due to disk IO). We upgraded to a faster blade with fast SCSI disk and it's been
flying along ever since.

Steve