Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Packet/Signature-based Firewall

From: John <naverxp () yahoo com sg>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 21:50:34 +0800

Yeah. Sorry for the huge mistake, i was thinking since it does reject/block packets, so it actually does a big component of what Firewall is for (correct me if i'm wrong). According to their website its,
PacketShaper is just one component of Packeteer's application traffic
management system. This system is delivered in a single appliance with
multiple software options that provide:

Thanks. Are there anymore solutions apart from snort with pf on openbsd?

Debasis Mohanty wrote:

PacketShaper is a Firewall; well I didn't know that... :P

FYI: It is a network traffic management product (maybe somewhat more than
that but now a Firewall)

Regards, Debasis Mohanty www.hackingspirits.com