Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Scan for IRC

From: Athanasius <fulldisclosure () miggy org>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 23:54:35 +0000

On Fri, Jan 21, 2005 at 05:34:00PM -0600, RandallM wrote:
I am so sorry for interrupting the list. I'm trying to pick up IRC
communications on the network. I've made some filters for Ethereal and
Observer but can't seem to pick it up. I'm doing something wrong. Used the
6668-6669 ports. Any help?

  Well, default port for IRC is 6667, but many servers offer other
ports as well.  If you know the networks involved then check their
webpages for the list of servers/ports you'll want to monitor.

-Ath
--
- Athanasius = Athanasius(at)miggy.org / http://www.miggy.org/
                  Finger athan(at)fysh.org for PGP key