Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: [lists] Novell/Ximian Evolution multiple text attachmentsDoS

From: "Curt Purdy" <purdy () tecman com>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 07:34:02 -0600

Kristian Hermansen wrote:
I just wanted to inform users of Ximian Evolution 2.0
software that there exists a way to temporarily DoS the local
application and/or machine by attaching an absurd amount of
.ezm files to a normal email.
<snip>

It seems to me that it would take an attacker more time to create this
remote DoS than it would cause the victim in lost time. IMHO Outlook Express
would be a much less time consuming vector.

Curt Purdy CISSP, GSEC, CNE, MCSE+I, CCDA
Information Security Engineer
DP Solutions

If you spend more on coffee than on IT security, you will be hacked.
What's more, you deserve to be hacked.
-- former White House cybersecurity czar Richard Clarke

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html