Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Re: iDEFENSE Labs Website Launch (iDEFENSE Labs)

From: Nick FitzGerald <nick () virus-l demon co uk>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 09:45:30 +1300

Joachim Schipper to "Edge, Ronald D":

Funny. All I get is a blank white page. Could it be you are expecting me
to trust your site, turn off all my defenses, turn on scripting, to view
the page? You're kidding right, this is just a joke to test participants
gullibility, right?

To be fair, it can be circumvented by just reading the source. However,
while Wetware/1.0 is a rather secure Javascript interpreter, it suffers
from lack of speed.

You too eh??

I think I need a processor upgrade on that machine...

8-)

In short, I gave up when I got another blank page after finding their
front page. Looks like the guys at iDEFENSE are not prepared for this
kind of paranoia...

Seems you need to upgrade to Wetware/1.01.  With that Wetware will
quickly note that the "trick" to navigating iDEFENSE's site is to add
"&flashstatus=true" or "&flashstatus=false" (the latter is probably
more generally preferable) to the end of its internal links, and that
this is readily achieved through the copy-and-paste functionality of
your operating system/environment...

Regards,

Nick FitzGerald

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.