Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: McAfee VirusScan vs Metasploit Framework v2.x

From: Dude VanWinkle <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 20:12:36 +0000

On 12/9/05, Michael Holstein <michael.holstein () csuohio edu> wrote:

In my enterprise environment (McAfee, BTW), I would *want* copies of
Metasploit yanked automatically from a PC.

McAffe also has the ability to label applications as "Security
Threats" without categorizing them as a virus.

viri spread without much user interaction, MSF is an application not a virus.

its just more lazy programmers, this email will probably trigger a
McAfee alert in a few minutes

-JP
"Getting in a argument on a mailing list is like competing in the
Special Olympics: Even if you win you are still a retard"
-A Friend