Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: agreed certs dont mean that much..but need experience..

From: Joel Jose <joeljose420 () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 16:18:23 +0530

ok so i can take a ccna and then go on to take a ccsp. ccsp is
somewhat less in demand than ccnp. so, finding a learning center is
tougher for ccsp than a ccnp over here. but yes, there are a couple
that do provide it. so actually if i am getting it right, it would be
most appropriate for me to get a ccna and then a ccsp.. graduate from
my college with a BS degree in CS and try to get a job in security..
later i can pursue towards a more advanced cert like a cissp.. is that
right? i assume of course that i would get a job easier with my ccsp
than otherwise. is this the best way to go.. or any better sugestion?
i am ofcourse interested in security.. i have been reading phrack
journals.. and feel extemely fond with the lifestyle of a security
practisioner.. i am fully aware that this is my field of interest.
right now i am the project administrator of a upcoming linux distro
still in its developmental stage.