Full Disclosure mailing list archives

violent words

From: Peer Janssen <peer () baden-online de>
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 23:44:33 +0200

<snip>
[some violent words between two people on this list]
</snip>

I am new to this list.

I suppose the goal of "full disclosure" is to make this world a better place.

So I'm quite astonished about the tone I'm reading in the last mails.

Is this the general tone here ? I never read such a thing before. Maybe in films, but this is real life, and you are real persons.

Why are you doing this to yourself? Is any of you feeling happier talking like this to your fellow human beings?
And in front of probably thousands of people?
Is this the kind of world you want to create?

I guess I somewhat understand both your point of view and what your friction is about, but I think if you try and put yourself in the shoes of your diskussion partner, you could figure out some way to get along better. I'm sure you can do that. I appreciate franc words which are better than keeping silent about injustice, but I also suppose that gentle and humble -- everybody has some dark sides -- words will generally work better.

Cheers
Peer