Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Is this a phishing attempt?

From: Technica Forensis <forensis.technica () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 23:02:28 -0400

On 8/24/05, winsoc <winsoc () googlemail com> wrote:
I seriously cannot believe that someone would be so mundane in
thinking that people would reply to this.

I have heard of several cases of people giving up hundreds of
thousands of dollars and even flying to Nigeria to personally meet the
'prince'.  Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.

A friend of mine got one of these about a year ago and the random name
of the person that died in the plane crash was his father's name.  He
got a big kick out of forwarding to his father and asking for his $14M
inheritance.