Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: talk.google.com

From: Andrew Smith <andrew.rse () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 11:48:21 +0100

I was just pondering as to how they will serve advertisements, ads on I.M.
isn't the done thing and I can't see it being accepted. Honestly, I think a
targetted ad would be pretty good on I.M., I'm talking about a concert with
a friend and *bam* up pops a link to cheap tickets for that concert. But I
can't see them getting away with that, I suppose it will just be used as a
draw to their Gmail service?