Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: FrSIRT False Alarm

From: "Paul" <pvnick () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 13:33:58 -0400

"Microsoft is concerned that this new report of a vulnerability in Internet
Explorer was not disclosed responsibly, potentially putting computer users
at risk. We continue to encourage responsible disclosure of vulnerabilities.
We believe the commonly accepted practice of reporting vulnerabilities
directly to a vendor serves everyone's best interests. This practice helps
to ensure that customers receive comprehensive, high-quality updates for
security vulnerabilities without exposure to malicious attackers while the
update is being developed."

Believe it or not, I am in full agreement with this statement.

Regards,
Paul
Greyhats Security
http://greyhatsecurity.org

----- Original Message ----- From: <ad () class101 org>
"Microsoft is concerned that this new report of a vulnerability in Internet
Explorer was not disclosed responsibly, potentially putting computer users
at risk. We continue to encourage responsible disclosure of vulnerabilities.
We believe the commonly accepted practice of reporting vulnerabilities
directly to a vendor serves everyone's best interests. This practice helps
to ensure that customers receive comprehensive, high-quality updates for
security vulnerabilities without exposure to malicious attackers while the
update is being developed."

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/advisory/906267.mspx

chaotic :>

do you have a test page?
No. We used the public exploit to generate a specially crafted page.

Best regards,
FrSIRT / French Security Incident Response Team 24/7
http://www.frsirt.com

KEY: 0xA7C69C5F
PRINT: 694C 3495 BCC4 2F8B D794  6BD4 AF8B 457B A7C6 9C5F