Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Re: Help put a stop to incompetent computer fore nsics

From: "Fergie (Paul Ferguson)" <fergdawg () netzero net>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 22:21:47 GMT

Hello? I can't believe I'm getting suckered into this...

Wikipedia:
Trojan horse (computing): In the context of computer
software, a Trojan horse is a malicious program that
is disguised as legitimate software. The term is derived
from the classical myth of the Trojan horse.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trojan_horse_%28computing%29

Dictionary.com:
Trojan horse
n.
1. A subversive group or device placed within enemy ranks.
2. The hollow wooden horse in which, according to legend,
Greeks hid and gained entrance to Troy, later opening the
gates to their army.
3. Computer Science. A program that appears to be legitimate
but is designed to have destructive effects, as to data
residing in the computer onto which the program was loaded.

- ferg

-- Jason Coombs <jasonc () science org> wrote:

Thierry Zoller wrote:
Or in better English :
A computer trojan horse is a program which appears to be something good,
but actually conceals something bad.

Interesting. What dictionary are you reading this definition from?

[snip]

Jason Coombs
jasonc () science org

--
"Fergie", a.k.a. Paul Ferguson
 fergdawg () netzero net or fergdawg () sbcglobal net