Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Lots of traffic on port 1472 from explorer

From: Giuseppe Milicia <milicia () brics dk>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 00:21:58 +0200

Guys,

thanks a lot for the tips, indeed there was a KLP keylogger.

I removed it, but it seems that something else is amiss,
I still see lots of traffic from explorer.exe on the 1472 port.

from a home computer I'm seeing lots of traffic
generated from
explorer on port 1472 towards the microsoft-ds port,
typically
on IP addresses starting with 35.xx.xx.xx

This isn't clear...is it coming from a system you have
control of?  I'm going to assume that this is the
case, since it seems you were able to run some kind of
port to process mapping tool.

The traffic is indeed coming from a system I have control of,
I still have no dumps though. I can see nothing worrying apart
from the aforementioned keylogger which has now been removed

It looks like a worm but I could not find any
references around
and Trend Micro detects nothing.

What makes you say that it looks like a worm?  What
kind of activity are you seeing?  Do you have
captures?

Lots of data is transferred from my computer to the outside world,
pretty much all to addresses in the 35.xx.xx.xx range on the
microsoft-ds port. Huge amount of short lived connections.
I thought it looked like worm activity but I might be wrong.

Thanks!

--
Giuseppe

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.