Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Lots of traffic on port 1472 from explorer

From: Harlan Carvey <keydet89 () yahoo com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 16:59:08 -0700 (PDT)

I removed it, but it seems that something else is
amiss,
I still see lots of traffic from explorer.exe on the
1472 port.

Have you captured any of this traffic?

The traffic is indeed coming from a system I have
control of,
I still have no dumps though. I can see nothing
worrying apart
from the aforementioned keylogger which has now been
removed

Not even this other traffic you've mentioned?

Lots of data is transferred from my computer to the
outside world,
pretty much all to addresses in the 35.xx.xx.xx
range on the
microsoft-ds port. Huge amount of short lived
connections.
I thought it looked like worm activity but I might
be wrong.

Or you might not be.  Again, have you captured any of
the traffic?

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html