Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Security & Obscurity: First-time attacks and lawyer jokes

From: Georgi Guninski <guninski () guninski com>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 22:26:22 +0300

On Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 12:24:29PM -0400, Peter Swire wrote:
......  In talking
with people who write software, however, I was repeatedly struck by
their observation that it takes considerable hard work and expertise to
find new vulnerabilities....................

darling,

you are missing the point.

i can't sing, but this does not make singing a hard (NP) problem.

what do you expect, the developers to say: "we are so fuckingly lame, so any
nonstandard kid from a third world country can fuck us hard"?.

for the sake of the argument, let's assume there are as low as 10^6 bugs in m$
warez. to take over the world (and in particular any target thereof) a kid
needs as low as 10^2 or even 10 or even 1 exploits.
any "real world" ('tm' of god) analogies?

--
It's better to be a pirate than join the navy. -- steve jobs

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html