Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Does the following...

From: Mister Coffee <live4java () stormcenter net>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 12:39:16 -0700

On Fri, Sep 10, 2004 at 02:18:52PM -0400, XOR wrote:
...mean anything to anyone?

"The IMF has joined him in a white-and the And when he found that you
have the FAA and what have we done what no may not have any clue what
was the only online with the more you know why the end of the things he
might have been made on the U.N. high in the U.N. in a tone of the
<<SNIP>>
for the year ago for some time in more than one year was the one who
they were on hand-one person is going to have this is not new, send them
by the time of his own, and one "

This message "appeared" a week ago.  A remote user contacted me today
when they turned their machine on, brought up Word, and the following
message started "typing itself" just the like the above, a week previously.

Sounds rather mysterious, but there's not much background.  Given the "writing style" I'd say it looks like something
generated by some sort of Random Prose script (based off the spew.pm perl module, for example) rather than an organic
writer.

If this cropped up in MS Word, I'd be inclined to look for a macro of some kind (there's enough depth to pull it off)
or possibly a "paste from clipboard" thing on the user's part.

": 121-nighters and windows of confidence in your own problems in the
matters when the company has no problems regarding some unknown size of
the game of the more and more of the Los Alamos, new lower than the show
then say they will go to the San Bernardino 90 two and one way is to
save the life of a new in the one "

Any ideas?

1: A relatively ineresting Word macro that can generate semi-random prose.
2: The user grabbed it to clipboard, then pasted it into their document somehow.
3: A hoax.
4: There is no suggestion 4.
5: The user's system has become infected by a rogue, but stupid, AI, and needs to be nuked from orbit lest it try and
expand its horizons.

Ok, so maybe not...

Any more information than the user's report of it starting to type on its own?

Cheers,
L4J

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html