Full Disclosure mailing list archives

FW: JPEG AV Detection

From: "Todd Towles" <toddtowles () brookshires com>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 14:26:26 -0500

 What exactly are the AV products detecting in the JPEG exploits? Barry
and I was talking about how impressed we were that the AV companies
jumped on this one and detection was pretty fast. But is the detection
so generic that a variant will bypass? Is the detection based on a
original exploit that could be modified in a way that makes it
"undetectable" right now?

-Todd