Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: why o why did NASA do this.

From: GuidoZ <uberguidoz () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 10:19:02 -0700

I meant this outdated NASA e-mail list. I undestand that FD could be
used for this purpose.
(snip)
You know me better than that GuidoZ .....lol

=) Yeah, I do. I wasn't sure if you were having a brain fart or something. lol

The fact that NASA just hands you this information (outdated or not) is
pretty sad. As I stated before it is free information leakage at best
and because it is outdated it should be removed from public view. This
could be used for social attacks and e-mail attacks. I don't think
SPAMmers care about some 6 year old list but hackers would. Any
information that they can get free of charge is just that much better.

Well said. It was finally removed from public view, though I'd imagine
quite a few saved it just in case (myself included). No, it's not some
perfect list for every malicious purpose, though it's certainly better
then nothing. Spammers really don't care if it's active or not - they
will still sell it. Social Engineering can go a long way though. It's
entirely possible someone that worked at NASA in 1996 would be there
still today. It's called a career. =)

--
Peace. ~G

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 07:59:36 -0500, Todd Towles