Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Hacking into private files, my credit card purchases, personal correspondence or anything that is mine is trespassing and criminal.

From: Vincent Archer <var () deny-all com>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 17:13:59 +0200

On Tue, Oct 12, 2004 at 10:53:58AM -0400, Stormwalker wrote:
Hi Vincent,

The theft is theft of services, not the TV show.

Actually, as I said somewhat in passing in my original message, the
cable companies can sue you for theft of signal, not theft of service
(you can't steal a service) or theft of the TV show (which is still
there, unchanged).

I.e. they contend that you stole the actual electrons (or photons, if
you have an optic fiber cable) delivered to your home that you didn't
pay for.

This is somewhat ridiculous, of course... but, hey, it's what you get
when you start looking into legalese. Common sense has no place in
there.

--
Vincent ARCHER
varcher () denyall com

Tel : +33 (0)1 40 07 47 14
Fax : +33 (0)1 40 07 47 27
Deny All - 5, rue Scribe - 75009 Paris - France
www.denyall.com

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html