Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: House approves spyware legislation

From: Micheal Espinola Jr <michealespinola () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 10:31:08 -0400

I don't see how this is a law against "hacking", when it is directed
at intentional misrepresentation and system modifications of an
unsuspecting end-users system.

If you want to be a hacking purist, spyware has nothing to do with "hacking".

Any laws at this point will help because it will give corporations
that are exposed to spyware the legal ground necessary to take fiscal
action against the people mass-producing spyware.

This should inadvertently help everyone else as well.

On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 05:03:45 -0700, Gregory Gilliss