Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: IE is just as safe as FireFox

From: devis <devis () easynix net>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 06:47:27 +0100

Its not because it has a great market 'penetration' in the 'real' world that it isn't wrong. Not saying it was wrong before...but nowadays...we know better than DOS, don't we ? Lets not go into the argument NT isn't DOS etc etc ...please. So even if the world IT computing economy is standing on it, one day or the other, when it is 'really' apparent to ALL eyes that you cannot 'cross' eras of computing with the same OS base, not at days where the OS was not designed to be networked, as joe pointed out. The internet has rised, mainly due to MS for its democratisation but now, its is time to wake. Its is security wise a bad base, and instead of hacking on it, a more proven secure model should be adapted, unix for example.
Even Apple understood that. Where will they be without OS X today ?

Joe, i do understand ur agument and it is valid in the real world, but realise that the more MS waits to rewrite and the worse it will be. We cannot progress with a bad base and patching it forever in hopes it runs good one day. Time to clean up. And yes time to throw away the old 80's stuff. Or keep a box for it, load win 3.11 on it . We have museums for OS's that aren't case sensitive in 2004.

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html