Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Slightly off-topic: www.georgewbush.com

From: Barry Fitzgerald <bkfsec () sdf lonestar org>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2004 11:28:13 -0500

Dean Brooks wrote:

The Oil for Food program, however, was truly a scandal.  There would
never have been ANY situation where Germany or France would have voted
to approve the war.  No matter how badly Iraq would have been
violating sanctions (which they were doing for years), there would
have been nothing Bush could have done to convince them, since they
were in bed with Iraq financially and were essentially bribed.

So - to sum up your position:

It's fine if Halliburton does it under Cheney... but it's wrong for anyone else to do it... all because Cheney, who at the time was working in the private sector, was not a member of the government.

Might I remind you that embargos and sanctions apply to all, not just government members and that what we're talking about here is the act of getting around the sanctions for gain. What kind of gain is irrelivent to the point because both cases lead to the same result: getting around the sanctions.
It's either OK for all or OK for none - which is it?

         -Barry

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html