Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: IE is just as safe as FireFox

From: Raoul Nakhmanson-Kulish <raoul () elforsoft com>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 19:52:29 +0300

Hello, Esmond!

In my case, executable doesn't recide on workstation, it's placed on
network file server. There are only shortcut to
\\server\firefox\firefox.exe and user profile data on workstations.
Fixed workstations can do this. Do you have Laptop users using offline
folders?
No, I haven't tried this. But it seems that this shouldn't be a problem. When laptop will be going offline, a server share will be cached (about 17M) and shortcut still should work.

Of course, if there is a proxy in corporate network, laptop must use it inside but shouldn't do it outside. But this is a common problem, even in Group Policy for MSIE ;)

--
Best regards,
Raoul Nakhmanson-Kulish

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.