Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: [in] Re: IE is just as safe as FireFox

From: Ron DuFresne <dufresne () winternet com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 14:02:22 -0600 (CST)

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004, Gregory Gilliss wrote:

One comment about XP2 - the company where I work (which produces
security networking appliances) has a corporate policy - we do not
support XP2. Sales hates this (because all the numbnuts out there
are pulling SP2 down with autoupdate and they have no clue what
they have brought upon themselves) but since M$ was so idiotic as
to disable the network functionality that allows reverse proxies
to function properly (and I'm not talking about Juniper's back
door where they pipe things straight through) it basically makes
my company's (and every other company's) product break.

The really dumb part is that M$ has a patch for their misdeeds and
a knowledge base article and everything - but it's not incoroporated
into autoupdate. Wonder why they would not include that fix for SP2
in autoupdate? Maybe they *want* to break other company's products?
Nah ... <G>

I'm sure many would have liked to the the direct link to the sp2 fix.

Thanks,

Ron DuFresne
--
"Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity.  It

OK, so you're a Ph.D.  Just don't touch anything.

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html