Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: OT: U.S. 2004 Election Fraud.

From: Jason <security () brvenik com>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 00:02:38 -0500

marklist () comcast net wrote:
Sorry list, I just couldn't resist......

I couldn't either :-(

*Electoral votes vs. Population [1]

State    Population Votes  Votes / M pop.
Alaska      648,818   3        4.624
Wyoming     501,242   3        5.985
Texas    22,118,509  34        1.537

I guess you must have missed that day in elementary school when they covered this. Pretty simple huh???

Are you happy that a Wyoming voter has 3.89 times the political power you do????

Next time get your facts together before you post.

-Shub

[1] http://www.fairvote.org/e_college/popandvotes.htm

Mark??

It is clear to me that you do not understand the electoral college and how it is designed. The system is designed to ensure that the people that live in the US have equal representation. If Wyoming had one person living in it there would be three electoral votes representing that person, for good reason.

Each state is given two electoral college votes in the senate and one for each congress person representing the people based on population.

Before you continue to rant on about representation and how much a vote is worth I suggest you read a little about how the system works. Once you have finished reading up on the topic and the issues around a simple majority rules society I would be interested in hearing your thoughts.

http://www.fec.gov/pages/ecmenu2.htm

and get the book "Securing Democracy : Why We Have an Electoral College"
ISBN: 188292665X

Regards,
Jason

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.