Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Evidence Mounts that the Vote Was Hacked

From: "Matthew Farrenkopf" <farrenkm () ohsu edu>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 06:49:04 -0800

"Jay D. Dyson" <jdyson () treachery net> 11/10/2004 4:33:44 PM >>>
      On this we are in total agreement.  I would much prefer that we
push Diebold out of the picture and put open source solutions in
play.
And I'm certainly open to that possibility as it would afford
critical
design review from top to bottom.

      But let's be clear on one thing right now: we've been relying
on
technology to do our vote-tallying for decades...long before this one
election.  Making claims of fraud now is disingenuous; particularly
since
it's only made when a Democrat loses his bid for the Presidency.

Technology has been used to do the vote-tallying, but it was always
possible for humans to go back and do a manual recount if there was any
question about it.  I see nothing disingenuous in this case.

With all due respect to all list members involved in this conversation,
we need a reality check here.  Accusations abound that the Democrats are
sore losers.  Yet reality says that both sides had armies of lawyers
ready to contest the results.  My personal belief is that, had Bush
lost, we'd be seeing the same thing from the Republicans.  So let's stop
with accusing one side of doing this and the other doing that, because
we all know deep down the same thing would have happened with the roles
reversed if Kerry had won.  Maybe not you personally, but other people
affiliated with the party would have.

Matt

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html