Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Moox firefox/thunderbird builds. Anyone looked at these yet?

From: "Eric Paynter" <eric () arcticbears com>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 12:54:53 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, November 10, 2004 10:58 am, dk said:
Aside from all the (TM) issues with Mozilla I was wondering if anyone
has scrutinized these builds from Moox?

http://www.moox.ws/tech/mozilla/

I wonder why somebody would branch just to do performance improvements?
Why not just work with the mozilla team and apply the changes to the
source tree? It's not like he's adding features and the team didn't want
them because they would add to bloat. Makes me wonder if there is a hidden
agenda is these custom builds...

Or maybe I'm just a super paranoid security professional.

-Eric

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html