Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Re: signatures for Oracle Alert 68

From: nirvana <karmic_nirvana () yahoo com>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 05:48:56 -0800 (PST)

Well an interesting idea is network based patching
systems. The solution to this problem is to have a
technology using which you can achieve the same effect
as patching a server but without actually patching the
server physically. Something like a network based
patching system.
The technology is highly effective in precisely
emulating (detection -> sanitization -> response) as
if the application patches (as if applied locally,
Oracle too). It's being worked out by a company. You
may see it in market next year around.

--- "Antonio Javier G. M." <legion () tierramedia org>
wrote:

We need signatures for IDS/IDP for Oracle's alert
68.
How can we protect against these attacks if we can
not apply patches in some
platforms?

Any interesting ideas?

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.