Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: University Researchers Challenge Bush Win In Florida

From: "Paul Schmehl" <pauls () utdallas edu>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 22:33:16 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gregory Gilliss" <ggilliss () netpublishing com>
To: <full-disclosure () lists netsys com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 23, 2004 5:27 PM
Subject: Re: [Full-disclosure] University Researchers Challenge Bush Win In
Florida

But, for heaven's sake, leave Paul alone. He's one of the few people
left on this list who makes sense occasionally.

Thanks for the compliment, Gregory.  I have to agree with you regarding the
loss of confidence in our government.  It doesn't bode well for the future.

Hope you don't mind if I also key off your response for one unrelated
matter.

[snipped a bunch]

Someone else (not Gregory) posted this -

It also highlights a disturbing circular reasoning.  Considering that
Paul
is TEACHING at a supposedly "respected" *university*, we should all be
very
afraid of our nations schools.

I somehow missed this.  I think it's interesting that I am being accused of
circular reasoning when I didn't draw the circle.  :-)

One other thing - let me be very clear.  I do *not* teach at the university,
at least not the way that is implied here.  I *do* conduct security
awareness seminars and the like, and I've presented at various conferences
over the years, written articles professionally, etc., but I am *not* a
member of faculty, nor do I hold a teaching position at the university.  I
am a security professional.  My title is in my sig, and it doesn't say
"professor", OK?

Oh, and I doubt there's much reason to fear our nations schools from the
minimal impact that I might have. :-)

Paul Schmehl (pauls () utdallas edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas