Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Sasser author

From: list () nolog org
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 16:24:00 +0200

Hello,

Anders B Jansson wrote:
list () nolog org wrote:
>> you missed one point: Sasser only violates *unpatched* networks, not
>> networks in general.

Point not missed at all.

Probing a network for vulnerabilities with the intent to use the found holes for sabotage (without the owners consent) is a criminal act.

not here where I'm living. But IANAL in your country. So, it depends on where you are living if it's illegal or not.

And stop this silly mumbling about Sasser being created as warning or heads up.

That's your *interpretation*, not what I said. And this interpretation is *wrong*.

Sasser was created to create havoc, nothing else.

ACK. But only unpatched computers were vulnerable - we had no problems here 'cause we've already patched our machines. So, our network was not violated and we had time for more important things then solving problems caused by a worm that could spread because of unpatched computers.

GTi

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html