Full Disclosure mailing list archives

[FD]Questions about odd log entries

From: "Adam T" <adam_thacker () hotmail com>
Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 21:21:14 -0400

First I would like to say thank you to all on this list I have learnt so many things even though I usually sit quietly in the corner, but I do have a question that I hope you can help me with. I came accross these odd log entries the other day and was hoping someone could help me decipher them and tell me what was attempted or accomplished and if this was a directed attack or a script searching the net for a vulnerable host. (hoping it was not me) and any suggestions to help me protect against such attacks.
I have attached a small portion of the log. to provide more detail.

Thank you
Adam Thacker