Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: A FreeBSD server that is converted in a MS 2003 Server... and viceversa

From: "Nick Jacobsen" <nick () ethicsdesign com>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 14:45:53 -0700

Well, first off, I am guessing you are trying to access the machine
without the owners permission - and FD does *NOT* support, endorse, or
condone unauthorized "hacking"...

But, as for an answer to your question, there are two possible answers
that pop to mind...

1)  the IP address you are hitting is actually some sort of load
balancing server, and so while one request might go to the BSD machine,
another request might go to the win2k3 machine...

2) or, more likely, it is a win2k3 box running some form of VirtualPC or
VMWare with FreeBSD as the client OS (or vice versa)...

just an idea, but...  this is a lot like what I would do if I wanted to
set up a honeypot *grin*.

Ethics