Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: Imaging Operating Systems

From: "Perrymon, Josh L." <PerrymonJ () bek com>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 17:13:41 -0500

I agree with Shawn:

VMWare is the weapon of choice for this.

I have a couple boxes setup in my lab w/ VMWare and have several OS's on
there.
I just crashed on today messing with windows permission and just reverted to
a saved copy in a matter minutes.

In fact- I'm testing a VMWare right now-

I setup syslog client ( sabernet.net ) on it and have it going to a freeBSD
box ( syslog )-
I'm tailing /var/log/messages with swatch looking for logon failures/
success and emailing that to me.

My 2 marks worth :)
JP