Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Cisco's stolen code

From: Brian Toovey <btoovey () igxglobal com>
Date: 25 May 2004 11:28:19 -0400

On Tue, 2004-05-25 at 09:10, VX Dude wrote:

--- Tobias WeWeisserthtotobiaseweisserthedewrote:
Dear "B$H",

On Tue, 2004-05-25 at 11:49, B$H wrote:
Hi all!

Where can i find the CiCisco'stolen code?

It is my understanding that it is not accessable on IRC yet - but I
could be wrong.

Full disclosure is NOT about spreading copyright
protected code.

Your question is stupid. Distributing, owning and
using CiCisco'sode is
illegal. So just forget about it. Sticking to the
rules is part of the
game. Unless you are a blblackhatf course...

Calm down - While I think it was kind of ignorant to post here asking
for code and not grep IRC, I dont think this was "not sticking to the
rules" or "not playing the game."  If and when this source becomes
available I hope decent coders will audit to find vulns and post here -
if whitehats dont audit the code, who will?  I find your response more
ignorant.

regards,
Tobias
<snip>

but if it helps you feel like you're doing the "right"
thing by reminding others that they're breaking the
law then so be it.  Nothing like some self-righteous
popompous asso wake me up in the morning!

agreed